It’s another rainy day and this girl is ready for some food that you can eat in a cup and cozy up on the couch to catch up on the new fall shows. Once a week I like to stop and make a few things that I can portion out for the rest of the week so that things are easy. Its so easy to give in and eat something you shouldn’t when you don’t have easy options ready to go. For me this chili is a go to to keep me on track!
Not only is this sugar free and legume free since they are inflammatory foods but it’s also a crock pot meal so you can either use it as an easy meal for the family or to prep up for yourself. Easily up your fats with this by adding sour cream, avocado, cheese…. it’s so versatile! I like a mild chili with fresh cilantro added but you can always add cayenne pepper or more jalapeno’s if you want to kick it up a notch.
- 1 pepper Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 cup, chopped Onions, raw
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Oregano, ground
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened
- 32 oz or 2lb 80/20 ground beef chuck
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pull out 2 skillets and brown your bacon until crispy in one and brown your beef in another.
- Pull out your crock pot and add the ground beef and bacon to it along with the rest of the ingredients. If you want a spicier chili feel free to keep the seeds in the jalapeno’s or if you like it mild like I do take them all out.
- Turn your crockpot onto low and cook for 6 hours.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado, cheddar or smoked gouda cheese and cilantro!